FEATURED NIAGARA BUSINESS
Niagara Mobile Outreach Program
Since 2004, the Mobile Outreach program has been connecting with and delivering meals to vulnerable people on the streets in St. Catharines. The program was expanded to deliver these services throughout the Niagara Region with the assistance of the Niagara Region Homelessness funding in 2011.
The Mobile Outreach program was designed be a visible response to people living on Niagara’s streets with the provision of basic goods (food, sleeping bags, clothing), a regular schedule, consistency in staffing and act as an entry point to a comprehensive system. Our continued goal is to develop trust, care for immediate needs, provide linkages to services and resources, and to help people get connected to mainstream services and ultimately into the community. We administrate street outreach work that is part of a respected, integrated, well coordinated and resourced service that meets the needs of and empowers people who are or at risk of being homeless.
The Salvation Army works in partnership with other agencies and community volunteers to provide a holistic approach to address all individual needs.
Niagara Mobile Outreach Program Services Offered:
- Provide evening Mobile Outreach services in the communities of St. Catharines, Grimsby, Beamsville, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, Welland, Port Colborne six nights per week at regular stops. See scheduled stops for your community.
- Mobile Outreach will be staffed with a Community Outreach Worker who will engage individuals, build rapport and complete rapid assessments to determine immediate needs
- Referrals for emergency shelter will be made and transportation provided, if needed, as well as to other community
services for follow-up care and housing supports
- Provision of basic needs (food, sleeping bags, hats, gloves, etc)
- Advocacy and follow-up for all referrals
Contact the Niagara Mobile Outreach Program
St. Catharines, Beamsville, Grimsby, Smithville and surrounding area
Office (daytime): 905-935-4311 ext. 303
Outreach Worker (evening): 289-219-2981
Niagara Falls and surrounding area
Office (daytime): 905-358-8394
Outreach Worker (evening): 905-351-6167
Fort Erie, Welland, Crystal Beach, Port Colborne and surrounding area
Outreach Worker (daytime & evening): 289-257-6712
AFTER HOURS PLEASE CONTACT 211 FOR EMERGENCY SHELTER REFERRALS
The Niagara Guide is a social enterprise with a goal of strengthening Niagara's businesses, community organizations, artists, and more. We do this by sharing stories through The Niagara Guide's online directory, blog, direct email, social media presence, print and podcast channels, and via donations to our Community Partners for each online marketing package we sell.
THE NIAGARA GUIDE
4 Conroy Crescent
Thorold, Ontario L2V 4R3 Canada
Email: Click Here